We help translate scientific insights into actionable, practical steps:
- The brain understands new experiences by association with what happened before.
- What the brain believes is deeply (and invisibly) influenced by what it already “knows” is true.
- Uncertainty leads to anxiety, so the brain makes up stories in its search for quick answers.
- To save energy, the brain relies on “default” systems that make it difficult to change our minds.
- The brain cannot separate rational thinking from emotional response.
- The brain arrives at a negative appraisal several times faster than a positive appraisal.
- Learning literally changes the brain at the neuronal level.
- Learning involves the whole body.